Local fresh produce (from a farmers market) = more nutrient dense food in every bite.
The bigger, cheaper and nicer to look at stuff is just a bonus of shopping at a farmers market over the nutritional aspect.
Oven Roasted Tomatoes (using grape tomatoes):
- 3 pints of Grape Tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes); cut in half
- 1 small Onion; quartered and separated
- 2 cloves of Garlic; made into paste (tips below recipe)
- 4 sprigs of Thyme; left on the stem
- 3 to 4 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and coat evenly (adjust for salt and pepper to taste)
- Bake for 35 minutes until they are lightly browned